Advanced Email Marketing Strategies– A powerful channel for customer acquisition, retention & conversions!
“The Money Is In the List”. I heard this quote for the first time in 2015. Until that time, I didn’t give much heed to email marketing and list building. My sole focus was just on writing blog posts and sharing them on my social profiles. However, this proverb struck me hard. And then I asked myself that why wasn’t I building a list? But I didn’t have an answer for that. Finally I decided to build a list. And now, I have 200,000+ people in my list. This is the channel that drives my sales and revenue. And now I’m planning to grow my list to 1 million people by the end of this year. So, how did my thoughts change? Well, I realized the power of email marketing.
So, if you don’t have a list or not thinking about building a list, stop everything you do and start building your list now. This is due to the above proverb which is a very popular quote in digital marketing. And, email marketing is not only about making money. There are a number of facets of email marketing such as:
- Email is the most preferred communication channel: About 91% of the consumers check their email regularly and about 72% of the consumers prefer email as their source of business communication.
- Email gets more conversions than any other marketing channel. Therefore, if you want more conversions, you should focus more on email.
- Emails have higher click-through rates and higher ROI than any other channels.
- Emails have the highest conversion rate (66%) as compared to social, direct mail and more.
- A message is five times more likely to be seen in email than on Facebook. Organic searches no more serve the purpose on Facebook. Now, if you want to reach more people, you have to pay.
- Almost 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices, and 23% of readers who open an email on a mobile device, open it again later. Thus, if you add the fact, you can see that 88% of the smart phone users actively check email on their phones. Therefore, undoubtedly email becomes the best channel to reach the mobile audience.
- Make your own list: This is the most important reason to build a list. Your account could be deleted or blocked at any time on Facebook or any other social networking site, without any reason or prior notice. You could lose all your followers with one action of them. All your efforts could go in vain. This is where your own email list will be of immense help to you. Don’t buy it, don’t copy it, build it. No one can take your leads away from you.
Considering all the above points, it might have been clear by now that email marketing is probably the most powerful channel for customer acquisition, customer retention, and conversions. Now, I can’t even imagine running my business without email marketing. It is the leading channel of communication with my followers. Though I have a following on Facebook groups, Facebook pages, Twitter and LinkedIn, but still, due to various advantages, email marketing remains the foundation of my online communication. Hence, don’t waste any more time and dive into email marketing to boost your conversions, sales, and revenue.