Important techniques for passionate photographers on Instagram which will help you to promote your photos
Instagram is a social media channel which is mainly a platform to post photos and videos. Thus, it is an important platform where you can promote your favorite photos after posting them.
But, to promote your photos you need to follow some important techniques so that your photos can reach more and more people. This will also help you to improve your brand name or reputation as an expert photographer.
DEFINE YOUR BRAND’S IDENTITY
At first, you should use Instagram to develop and define your brand’s real identity. And you can do this by editing your photos and adding a particular logo or watermark on them. You can also edit your photos with unique designs. You can choose any particular subject from various subjects like architecture, travel, food, fashion etc. and also you can use any particular style from various styles like monochrome, film, minimalist among others. In your profile, your last nine images are generally followed more by people, and if you inimitably edit those images before posting, then you can easily present yourself as a unique brand.
POST YOUR BEST PHOTOS
Post your best photos and write eye-catching descriptions. Share those photos more. Use particular design, color, style, texture etc. to make those photos unique. Such high-quality photos with distinctive editing style will engage more people. You should post your best photos in such a manner so that they always come at the top of your profile or album.
GIVE PERSONAL TOUCH
80% of your photos should be based on your professional photography or photography you’re passionate about. Remaining 20% should be based on your personal life and moments behind the scenes.
USE GOOD CAMERAS
You need to ensure that your photos are of high-quality and high depth. So, you should use high-quality cameras like DSLR cameras or iPhone cameras or SAMSUNG NOTE cameras. Cameras of these devices can capture perfect photos because you can easily adjust focus, ISO, shutter speed, aperture length etc. to create perfect settings. Using these devices, you can take perfect photos at low light conditions and can zoom according to your needs.
HOW TO EDIT
Do not use an Instagram filter; instead take help from any good photo editing software to adjust light, shadows, lines and clarity. Try to shoot in RAW because during editing, RAW photos show many more details than JPEG photos. During editing, you can adjust exposure, highlights, shadows, white balance and noise reduction.
TAKE CARE OF CAPTIONS
Your caption against your photo should be relevant, eye-catching and interesting to read. A perfect caption can drive more visitors to your photo and Instagram profile. The content of the caption should be interactive and full of hype. See the example below –
A perfect caption should emotionally touch the viewers and at the same time should compel them to write comments in the comment section.
BUILD YOUR NETWORK
Try to follow the like-minded photographers and post comments in their photos. For example, if you are a fashion photographer, then you should follow various fashion photographers and at the same time, you should write comments in their photos.
Use relevant hashtags in image descriptions and captions, so that people can easily find your photos by searching.
You can tag important people, businesses, clients etc. so that they can interact easily.
You can use hubs or Instagram accounts which upload and share images of other users to connect with them. This is a kind of gallery.