We have to accept this fact that, every positive aspect will always have another side and that is the negative one! The same social media that we use for friendly purpose has given rise to crimes, more specifically, cyber crimes. In most of the cases, social media cyber crimes are more cleverly disguised. We can hardly identify them at first glance. On an average, social platforms have 20% more methods to scam and rip off consumers than other websites. This has been actually found in a research recently.
It is a true fact that women are more prone to fall prey to all these social media cyber crimes. The range of any cyber crime is basically up to the imagination of the hacker or criminal. But in most cases, women are subject to be victimized. But of course, there are certain ways to deal with the entire phenomenon.
Cyber crime is any kind of crime that occurs online, in particular, on social media. This may include harassing someone by messaging, tampering photographs, making inappropriate comments etc. This is one of the burning problems that our generation is facing.
- Now cyber crime department in the police is quite an active body who is working against all these criminal efforts.
- Women harassment is now taken into serious account and even cyber criminals are getting penalized for their heinous acts.
It is the ultimate truth that the Internet has become our second life while mobile phones are an extension of our personalities. But the other side of our social lives on the social platforms can lead to dangerous outcomes. Especially, in case of women! The social media cyber crimes are on the verge of enhancing their power to a great level.
- Women are considered the most vulnerable group; hence, their safety in social media is at stake.
- Due to lack of awareness, cyber crime victims, distinctively women, are unable to come out in the open and register a complaint.
- Every activity performed on social platforms can have real consequences in the real world as well.
Being safe online is your responsibility as well –
With the increasing social media cyber crimes, women should become more aware of the usage of social networking sites. It is completely up to you if you want to be friends with someone on social media. But at the same time, handling the situation is also in your hand.
- Strangers should always be avoided. It is very important to know the person concerned personally before knowing him or her virtually.
- The wisest decision would be not to share your social media password with anybody. The risk of personal data going out is even higher if you have common passwords. In this case, even near ones should not be trusted.
- You should customize the personal setting very carefully so that all the information doesn’t reach out to the public. Make sure you turn off your location services in the settings in all the devices you use.
- You should be extremely careful about what you share on social media. It is always better to refrain from sharing personal data. This may lead to people forming opinions about you and you can fall prey to social media cyber crimes.
- Protecting your computer is yet another step you must surely take. This is one such thing people ignore. But you are actually been followed every time by some unknown eyes. So it is always better to protect the computer before anything turns ugly.
As said always, social media is like a blessing as we get to connect with our near and dear ones all over the world. But at the same time the question arises – how much are we safe on social media? The safety of a woman on Facebook and other social platforms is now a big question! But of course, there are ways out to keep ourselves safe. The above discussion can prove to be a fruitful effort towards this occurrence. Moreover, if you face any kind of cyber crime, you should immediately let the cyber crime department know about it without any delay!