Your social media addiction is finally going to help you make money. No more scolding from your parents for sitting with your laptop (or phone) throughout the day!
A career in social media is what you need to make happen to keep your indulgence with the same intact and still earn in abundance for your future. Plenty of jobs await you out there, and guess what – any job role you choose in the field, gives you limitless opportunities to thrive, while concurrently upgrading your skills.
Understand that social media marketing is certainly a field where jobs will stay in demand for a long time. You just have to identify where you are best suited and what you can do the best.
Then have a core understanding of the following:
- How to incorporate currently trending topics in your marketing strategy?
- What is the most relevant genre in your business expansion route?
- Who are your target audience?
- How to do a proper research and get to the customers’ mind?
Once you are very much clear about how the companies use social networks to make worldwide presence and reach out to more people, you are good to start your career in social media.
While there are reasons aplenty, let’s find out few relevant among them:
- It gives you the platform where you can successfully blend your passion with your work. You love communication and write about new things everyday – you are paid for doing the same. What more can you dream of?
- Wide range of career opportunity is offered. You can chose from the plethora of job roles available out there in the same field of work.
- Companies can develop a long term relationship with the clients through social media marketing strategies. Hence, the scope for you to grow with the company alongside honing your skills for future prospects is huge.
- It’s a fun-filled career. You get to spend hours on social media (which you definitely love to do) and continue with your outreach program.
- The best part – salary is not too low even for the freshers. You can kick start your career in social media with a package of 1.5 lakhs easily, if, of course, you are unbeatable at what you do.
- After gaining sufficient amount of experience in social media, you are all set to expect package offers of 4-5 lakhs. Just don’t stop perfecting your proficiency.
Summing up the steps to follow
- Remain active on social media platforms
- Increase your number followers
- Create your own brand
- Research on the upcoming drifts and stay updated
- Try and be a trendsetter
- Post what is relevant, NOT what you like the most
You can now decide to go for a certificate course or diploma in Social Media Marketing to help yourself get better job offers. But people without certifications are also doing unbelievably great!
Just keep the passion alive and demonstrate the same to your employer.
All the best for your bright future ahead!