Digital Marketing is a broad field and SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an important stream. It manages the ranks of websites in different search engines. Many companies hire SEO professionals to improve their online visibility. Thus, there are a lot of career opportunities in SEO.
But, to learn SEO, at first you need to get trained. But, along with the theoretical and practical knowledge of SEO, you need to know some industrial matters, questions and answers, issues, etc., to crack an interview of an SEO job.
Below you can find some pertinent interview questions. These questions are categorized into two sections. They are:
- Questions for entry-level SEO jobs.
- Questions for senior-level SEO jobs.
Questions for entry-level SEO jobs
Follow the below-mentioned list:
- What are the two types of SEO?
- Differences between On-Page and Off-Page SEO.
- What is a backlink?
- What is an outbound link?
- Definition of Page Rank.
- Define keyword.
- Define a long-tail keyword.
- Name the tools used in SEO.
- What is the meaning of the organic result?
- What is bounce rate?
- What is a landing page?
- Why SEO activities fail sometimes?
You should learn the answers of above-mentioned questions. However, in an interview, you may have to think smartly to answer some particular questions. For example, the interviewer may ask what must be done in a particular situation. However, these questions will not have tough answers because the candidates are SEO beginners.
Questions for senior-level jobs
It is no doubt that for senior-level SEO jobs, you have to face tough interview questions. Interviewers will check whether you have a deep knowledge of SEO or not. Some important interview questions are:
- Define keyword density.
- Techniques to initiate keyword research. In this regard, interviewers will assume that you have the experience to perform these activities.
- Define meta-tags.
- Different types of meta-tags, their functions and character limits.
- Difference between a do-follow and a no-follow link.
- Define Anchor Text and state its uses.
- What is a search engine bot or crawler?
- Define robot.txt and state its uses.
- How to write or choose appropriate contents for SEO.
- Define Google Search Algorithm. State some of its latest updates.
- Define Panda update.
- Define Penguin update.
- Define Sandbox effect. However, knowledge of the Sandbox effect is not necessary for maximum SEO job roles.
- How to identify toxic links on a website? How you can remove those links?
- Define black hat practices. State a few harmful black hat activities.
- What you should do, if a website is banned by search engines due to black hat activities?
- Define XML sitemap. State its functions.
Keep in mind that all of these above-mentioned questions can be asked through written examinations as well. Interviewers may also conduct machine tests. They may check whether you are comfortable to handle various SEO tools and systems or not. So, before attending an interview, practice hard to grow confidence.